Canada’s Largest Commercial Marine Event Marks Best Edition in Show History
For Immediate Release
Issued: January 31, 2018
Moncton, NB – The books closed Saturday on the 2018 edition of Fish Canada Workboat Canada, which ran January 26-27 at the Moncton Coliseum. This year’s show welcomed a record 6,659 visitors from throughout Atlantic Canada, Quebec and Maine. With hundreds of exhibitors and expanded floor space, by all counts, this was the biggest event in the show’s history.
“This year marks a huge success for Fish Canada Workboat Canada,” said Shawn Murphy, Show Manager. “Our 2016 event was the largest in a decade, and I’m so pleased that we’ve exceeded those numbers for 2018. Many thanks go out to everyone involved, including our partners and sponsors, for their hard work in making this year a huge achievement.”
Exhibitors were thrilled with the results of the show:
- “After attending the show, it’s impressive to see companies coming from around the world. The show was bigger than ever and the attendance was strong. Keep up the good work!” said Gilles Theriault, A.F. Theriault.
- “Fish Canada Workboat Canada was excellent… a great success for us!” said Stéphane.P. Gray, DJ Marine Fishing Supplies Ltée.
- “Lots of quality folks through the door and an amazing amount of exhibitors,” said George E. Hickey, North Atlantic Marine Supplies & Services Inc.
- “This was one of the most exciting shows for our company in the commercial fishing industry… the environment is second to none!” said Lee Toole, Stright-Mackay.
- “One of the best marine shows we’ve exhibited in. It was a great way to show new technology to the local marine market and spend some quality time with our customers,” said Brian Sibley, Mackay Marine Canada.
- “Excellent turnout for this trade show! Our booth was a great success and we look forward to Yarmouth next year,” said Ashley Wallis, Genrep Ltd.
- “This trade show provided us with an avenue to show fisherman first-hand our prototype plastic lobster trap,” said Scott Dauphinee, The Lobster Trap Company. “We were overwhelmed with the amazing response and feedback from all who attended!”
Attendees were eager to check out new and innovative commercial fisheries, aquaculture and fish processing products, as well as a wide range of marine equipment and watercraft of all sizes. Visitors also enjoyed getting an up-close look at a newly completed 45’ vessel right on the show floor provided by DJ Marine and Samson Enterprises.
On Friday, as part of its 10th anniversary celebrations, the Atlantic Canada Marine Industries Hall of Fame honoured three new inductees during the show. The Honourable Rick Doucet, Minister of Aquaculture and Fisheries, presented the awards. The 2018 recipients were Egbert Boertien (Mariner); Russel Jacob (Processor); and Roger Sark (Builder). Sadly, 86-year-old Boertien passed away on January 2, 2018, shortly upon hearing of this special honour. His two sons were proudly on hand to accept the award on his behalf.
Full bios of the inductees can be found on the show’s website.
We would also like to take the time to congratulate our door prize winners:
Shawn Boudreau (Arichat, NS) – Sea Eco + immersion suit by Hansen Protection provided by DSS Marine.
Brian White (Orwell Cove, PE) – Chelsea Evolution shell jacket provided by Helly Hansen Leisure Canada.
Petrina Hebert (Kouchibouguac, NB) – RIGID RDS-Series PRO light bar provided by Stright-Mackay Ltd.
Cedric Richard (Wellington, PE) – Set of Series 0174 Underwater Lights provided by Mermaid Marine Products.
Kara Hebert (Aldouane, NB) – Apple iPad Wi-fi 32 GB Tablet provided by Mac Mac & Mac Lawyers.
Dany King (Moncton, NB) – Insulated Fish Box Model #1801 provided by Bonar Plastics.
The next commercial marine show to sweep the Atlantic provinces will be the North Atlantic Fish & Workboat Show, taking place November 16-17, 2018 at the Mile One Centre in St. John’s, Newfoundland. For more information on that event, visit www.NAFISH.ca.
Fish Canada Workboat Canada will return in January 2020. Stay tuned to www.FCWC.ca, which will be updated as details become available.
Shawn Murphy, Show Manager
Master Promotions Ltd.
Kate Stilwell, Marketing & Operations Manager
Master Promotions Ltd.
2018 Exhibitor List
ABCO Industries Ltd.
Agriculture, Aquaculture & Fisheries
Allain's Sales & Service
Alliance Mercantile Inc.
Aqua Production Systems
Atlantic Braids Ltd.
Atlantic Electronics Limited
Atlas Copco Compressors Canada
Beclawat Manufacturing Inc.
Blois Fish Processing Automation Ltd.
Britmar Marine Ltd.
Cabot Shipping Supplies
Canada Rope and Twine Ltd.
Canadian Beacon Registry / Department of National Defense
Canadian Coast Guard Auxiliary Maritimes Inc.
Canadian Maritime Engineering Ltd.
Chiasson Equipment Extra
Comeau Marine Railway Ltd.
Cummins Eastern Marine Inc.
Deep Trekker Inc.
Distribution Eugene Gagnon Inc. (Jackfield)
Dixon's Marine Group 2000 Ltd.
DSS Marine Incorporated
Duramax Marine LLC
E.Y.E Marine Consultants
East Coast Hydraulics Sales Ltd.
East Coast International / Titan Forklifts
Easy Kleen Pressure Systems Ltd.
Entreprises Shippagan Ltée
Fairway Insurance Services Inc.
Fisheries and Aquaculture Loan Board
FLIR Maritime - Raymarine
Four Ports Capital
Ganterie BCL Glove
Glamox Canada Inc.
Go Deep International Inc.
Guimond Marine Finishers Inc.
H. Gibbs Marine
Hackett Enterprises Inc.
Helly Hansen Leisure Canada
Hurricane Industrial Equipment Inc.
Industrial Bay International Ltd.
Intech International a/s
Jastram Technologies Ltd.
K&D Pratt Group Inc.
King Fish Canada
L. Himmelman Elastomers Ltd.
Lunenburg Industrial Foundry & Engineering
M.G. Fisheries Ltd.
Mac Mac & Mac Lawyers
Mackay Marine Canada
Madsen Power Systems
MAN Diesel & Turbo Canada Ltd.
Martak Canada Ltd.
Master Marine Controls
Méridien Maritime Réparation
Mermaid Marine Products
Mustad Autoline Canada
New Way Diesel
NewStar Marine & Scooter Inc.
North Atlantic Marine Supplies & Services
Nova Scotia Boatbuilders Association
Nova Scotia Community College - Nautical Institute
Novatec Braids Ltd.
NSC Electronics Ltd
Office of Small and Medium Enterprises (OSME) / Gouverment of Canada
P & E Manufacturing
Pennecon Energy Hydraulic Systems
Pinnacle Agencies Ltd.
Polysteel Atlantic Limited / East Coast Rope Limited
Prime Material Handling
Produits Chimiques Citadel
Pro-Tech Sanitation Ltd.
R.W. Fernstrum & Company
Rainbow Net & Rigging Ltd.
Saeplast Americas Inc.
Samson Enterprises Ltd.
Sea Pro Services
Spartan Industrial Marine
Superior Glove Works
The Hercules Group of Compagnies
The Lobster Trap Company
Toromont Cat (Maritimes)
TRC Hydraulics Inc.
TriNav Fisheries Consultants - TFC
TriNav Marine Brokerage
TriNav Marine Design
Vernon D'Eon Fishing Supplies Ltd.
WD Industrial Group
Wedgeport Boats Ltd.
ZF Marine Propulsion Systems
- January 31, 2018 Canada’s Largest Commercial Marine Event Marks Best Edition in Show History
- January 23, 2018 Nation’s Largest Commercial Marine Show Takes Over Moncton Coliseum This Week
- October 19, 2017 Canada’s Largest Commercial Marine Event a Near Sell-Out; Online Registration Now Open
- June 12, 2017 Major commercial marine industry event returning to Moncton in early 2018